Best Part of your Try On Session?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jbenkelman, May 3, 2015.

1. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Since I don't have my watch yet (April 29th), I have to admit that I've been to THREE try on sessions. I just can't resist it.

Tonight, I went into the store without an appointment because it was close to the time that the mall was closing, and I figured I would be able to just sneak in and grab a session.

The tech came up to me and asked what I was looking for and I explained the horror of the June shipment date, and he totally understood. I showed him which one I have preordered and it happened to be the same one he ordered and had just gotten a few days earlier.

Then the unexpected happened.

He literally took the watch off his own wrist and let me try it on a play around. I was so surprised, and truly impressed at his effort to give me a good try on experience. You don't see that everyday, and in a forum full of people complaining about the botched launch, I figured it would be nice to share the "above and beyond" of the Apple were all used to.

Here's to waiting for "June" shimpment. Whenever that might actually be.

2. seamor0512 macrumors member

best part was when I saw the watch does in fact actually exist.

3. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are going for, but the most valuable part for me was seeing the sizes in person. I had tried the app with the "actual size" but its just different than seeing and feeling it on your wrist.

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I'll admit that even after the 3AM ET preorder, I walked into multiple Apple stores over the next two weeks and did an impromptu try-on session (never had to wait for an appointment), and each time, just wearing a different model and band impressed me, even though I thought I knew all the features that they didn't have to give me any run-though of the watch.

What impressed me is that any model, 38mm or 42mm and nearly any band, really looked impressive that if Apple only sold that one particular version, I'd still be happy with it.

5. jbenkelman thread starter macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Each time ive gone back for a session its changed my mind on which one I want to order! I am not confident that I have the right choice though.

6. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

When mine was over, the guy babied me through it and i felt like i shouldn't even have had the watch on!