Best password vault application for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stealthipad, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am going to move from my Blackberry 9700 to the iPhone 4 on Thursday.

I am wondering which of the password vault type programs is the most desirable as I have always depended on my Blackberry to keep this information absolutely secure.

Anyone want to recommend what they use and why?

2. ryanide macrumors 6502

Wallet

I like Wallet http://acrylicapps.com/.

There is a Mac version that syncs to MobileMe and the iPhone.
    The cool thing about it is that it has a secure AutoFill for your browser sites (on the mac). Say you have your bank login stored in Wallet, all you have to do is navigate to the login screen then from the menu at the top of your mac (by the time) you type your Wallet password and it finds your info for that site in your database and auto fills it. No more storing unsecured passwords in your browser cookies.

It is one of my most-used and favorite apps. Just waiting for the iPad version.

3. neal.young macrumors member

1Password is a decent app, but it is expensive and the UI isn't as nice as Wallet.

4. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I use mSecure. They have an application for the Mac & PC (I think) that you can sync with. That makes typing in a bunch of passwords and account info much easier.

5. p0rkch0p macrumors member

Msecure user here and would defintely recommend it.

6. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

1password. Mac. Windows. iOS.

Only makes sense on iOS with a jailbreak + multitasking (imho) .. otherwise too tedious.

Former roboform user, but that "floss your passwords thru our server" thing bugged me.