best payment method for itunes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macinit, Oct 7, 2013.

1. macinit macrumors newbie

macinit

I have stopped buying CDs - yes it has taken me this long to realize i dont really have room for all of them - and now i would like to start buying via the itunes store... I do not have a CC - what is my best and quickest (dont want to have to type things in all the time - just want to click pay and have the download begin!)payment option?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You have the option of iTunes cards. Just purchase the amount you need and away you go. You can redeem them with your iPhone, iPad or Mac as long as the redemption code has a focus box around it. I use them all the time.

3. vampirella macrumors newbie

vampirella

yeah, you can buy the i-tunes cards everywhere, they are really easy. Apart from that you could use paysafecard, i have used that with i-tunes and amazon,
    or paypall, but i am not sure if they offer it as payment option. I never use PP so i can`t tell you.

4. MarkG21 macrumors regular

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Like some of the people have suggested already, iTunes GC is an option. I think this is a good option. I don't have my CC on there simply because I've heard of a lot horror stories of people getting their accounts hacked and left with hundreds/thousands of charges. Also, I usually get my iTunes GC anywhere from 5% - 25% off, so it's like free money. Haha.

6. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

If you've got a debit card then you could use that in place of a credit card.

7. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

And another gift card user here. Easy and safe.

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I have no desire to let my debit card or credit card be billed when a pre-paid gift card is an option. That's the way to go, for me.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd also go for iTunes gift cards in your situation, OP.

10. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

Exactly what I do, and for the same reason. I always redeem only when planning to buy, so at no point in time, there is more than 20-30€ on the account. In the case of a hacked account, that would not hurt that much.

11. Xerotech macrumors 6502

There are plenty of gift card exchange sites. I would recommend filling your PayPal account with pre-paid visas/mastercards or greendot's moneypak. Then, buying a few iTunes cards from the exchange. iTunes cards can range from 10-25% off. This will save you a substantial amount of money. :)

If you're at the last resort, every single supermarket retailer pretty much sells iTunes gift cards now.

12. macinit thread starter macrumors newbie

macinit

Thank you all for your responses!
    @Vampirella - this is interesting - i use the paysafecard mostly in online gaming forums - I was not aware that itunes accepts this as a payment method as well... at least I have never seen it as an option otherwise i would not have asked the question to begin with! lol ;P
    @Xero - with PP I have the fear that my account will get hacked or whatever you call it these days... one hears about so many rumors regarding this payment option - i rather keep my hands away, thank you anyways though!

13. vampirella macrumors newbie

vampirella

You can buy a Psc voucher to pay for giftcards on Amazon. Like you, I use it mostly for gaming, but there are a lot of different shops that accept the card for payment. I believe they have a lot of them listed on their HP. Have a look ;)

14. macinit thread starter macrumors newbie

macinit

I recently heard that a lot more people are afraid to give their CC information online... not just with itunes but in general...
    i wonder how that is affecting the CC companies... it definitely increases the PP card market - that is for sure! ;)

15. vampirella macrumors newbie

vampirella

ofcourse it will, i think that is exactly what is happpening. Prepaidcards like psc are on the rise, there are more and more cards coming out on the market. People start thinking twice about giving out their personal info online, you hear more and more abotu scammers + i also think the whole nsa scandal didn`t help gaining back their trust neither.

16. macinit thread starter macrumors newbie

macinit

speaking of which, did you hear about the expansion to Australia? Kind of cool - wonder what that will mean for the company in general.. sounds cool though!