Best peking duck in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cleanup, Aug 28, 2008.

1. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

My girlfriend and I are yearning for some nice Beijing-style duck. But I was hoping I could go someplace that was a little more upscale. I don't feel like dining in a noisy, crowded Chinatown type restaurant. If it's in Chinatown but is still one of the nicer ones I suppose that's alright.

Any suggestions? Preferably in the downtown area. Also, it's dinner for two, so if the place only accepts reservations for parties of 4+ or whatever, I suppose that's out of the question.

Or, if there really are no such higher-class Peking restaurants, recommend me a nice restaurant to take my girl out to! Asian/Italian preferred.

Thanks!

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I dont know any upscale Chinese restaurants in downtown, but I know a few in Richmond Hill. There is Ambassador Chinese Cuisine, but it's pretty expensive. There is another one in the same plaza, the price is similar, but both very good. BTW, all Chinese restaurants are noisy, upscale or not, I have no idea why though.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That restaurant is like 10 minutes drive from my house! Oh, and my friend's ex-girlfriend used to work there. Very nice place. :)

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

There is one mid town I heard it's very good, never tried it though. It's called Lai Toh Heen

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I live less than 10 minutes from that place.

6. cleanup thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

I've heard of it as well. Thanks for the link! It looks quite nice. Two-course Peking duck for $56 which isn't too bad! And Eglinton is much easier for me to get to than Richmond Hill.

Thanks so much!

I probably won't make the reservation until later today so more suggestions are welcome!

[Edit] Hmm, I just noticed that their duck is fried and not roasted. That's a little disappointing. Not completely authentic, but maybe it'll have to do.