Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
So i've head that Paper by FiftyThree is a little laggy with the new Pencil, is that really the case?

If so, what's a good alternative for general sketching and wire framing?

nickyD410

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Theres procreate, autodesk sketchbook, adobe sketch (I heard theres some lag on this too) and some more that I cant remember.

Atomic Walrus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2012
I think Procreate is going to replace Autodesk Sketchbook (on SP1) for me. Its brush engine has less lag than anything I've used before (similar to Apple's Notes app) and seems to be way more advanced at the same time. You can completely modify the stock brushes or build your own from scratch using the texture library or your own bitmaps. No Pencil yet, but I'm really liking it even with a capacitive stylus.

Reactions: tekchic

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2015
Procreate for me. Works great! The Paper app has always annoyed me, though. Speed determining line width? That has never made any sense to me.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Procreate for me. Works great! The Paper app has always annoyed me, though. Speed determining line width? That has never made any sense to me.

I really like Paper, but the speed determining line width thing really annoys me too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.