Best personal finance software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Buckeyes1995, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Buckeyes1995 macrumors member

I'm looking for reocmmendations for the the best personal finance software to run on my MBA. My top requirement is online banking and access to my accounts. I see some applications in the App Store (such as iBank) and am wondering if that is the best route.. or should I look for something else?

thanks.

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

If you want plain and simple apps then anything on the Mac App Store would probably suffice. I like QuickBooks for my company and for personal finance I built a spreadsheet via Excel and that's all I use and I am also dead on with my $$ amounts.

3. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

For personal finance (banking/investment tracking), iBank is a pretty nice program. I use it after having come from MS Money, then Quicken for Windows. While not as capable of either of those, it is fine for your purposes. I track numerous accounts and stocks with it. The latest version of Quicken for Mac is not recommended.

Download a free trial of iBank here:

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Definitely agree on this! Don't download Quicken or QuickBooks for Mac they're horrible.