Best phone ever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevingaffney, Oct 4, 2008.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

I know it's probably fashionable to "knock" new technology at every opportunity, but having bought my iphone on launch date, incidentally my first apple product, I have to say this device has performed virtually flawlessly from day one. Can't really understand most of the petty criticisms I read here.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Congratulations! And for the most part, I agree.

Now prepare to get flamed, because they're coming. :p

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Finally someone appreciates iPhone for how cool it is, and doesn't bitch at every opportunity they get:rolleyes:

4. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm having a ball with it it and not ashamed to admit it. It probably helps that my three daughters bought it for me for fathers day. They've ordered me a personalised cover from vaja with their three names on it. How cool are my girls

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I agree with ya. There are features that the phone lacks, but some people get so caught up in it that they seem to forget what it does have. The cut & paste whining is by far the worst because I have NEVER needed to use it in the 4-5 months I have had my phone.

It could use a video capture feature, but it's not like that's a deal-breaker. The camera seems to be pretty good (don't get suckered in by the megapixel war; more goes into a camera than that).

The things I want on the phone seem to be never mentioned, like Finder (the ability to move files back and forth, see their location, etc.). I'm going to cover a football game next month and could use Air Sharing to move my text file story to my phone, but I can't send it from there. You'd think I could somehow get that text file from my laptop to my phone and then e-mail it, but I can't. That's more important than the other fluff.

But on the good side, the OS/controls are by far easier than I could've imagined on a phone. It's so freakin' easy to just call someone (aside from not having voice dial) and it syncs with Address Book well. Oh yeah, it's also got an iPod inside, which no other phone has.

6. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

Completely agree. I've had my phone for about two months now and I have zero complaints. I love my iPhone.

7. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

8. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I go through days of absolutely loving it to hating it

Fix the annoying little bugs an give it the same features as the most basic phone then it will be perfect

9. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

I love my iPhone too - bought it on launch day. I cannot see myself going back to any other phone interface. It's a joy to use, and I play with it all day :D

Plus there's millions of people like us, but you won't hear from most of them - cos' i never post any complaints about it - cos' i don't have any. :D

10. bartelby macrumors Core

I've had my iphone 3G for a week and it's bloody marvellous.

If it only had MMS it'd be perfect.

11. jstanier macrumors regular

jstanier

Be sure to punt it far enough so that I can catch it. :)

12. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

out of interest, are you in the US? and if so, is MMS a big thing over there?

I don't know anyone who uses MMS over here in the UK

13. bartelby macrumors Core

I'm in the uk. Nearly everyone I know sends at least a few MMS a month.

I should point out I'm not a teenager

14. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

My Mum (who is in the UK) loves using MMS.

15. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Love mine too-got it the first week it was available (3G, that is).

There are some weird quirks, but I had been using a Motorola Razor for like 3 years and it is light years ahead of that.

I dont use SMS or MMS so I really don't care about that. I have downloaded CyCorder so I have a video cam if I need one (and a decent one at that!).

And the choice of APPS both from APPS store and Cydia, there really is nothing else like it.

To me it is a hand held computer that also happens to make and receive phone calls.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have no complaints about my iPhone, which I have had since UK launch day. I have never sent an MMS in my life, and the two I have received were easy to retrieve from O2. Email is just as good.

17. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

lol... me neither, not for a decade or so :p
    guess it must just be the people I know... don't think I've ever sent, or received, an MMS...

do they still cost a stupid amount of money the way they used to?

18. bartelby macrumors Core

Not if you're sending it to a person who doesn't have access to email, but can receive MMSs.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Who doesn't have access to email? :confused:

20. bartelby macrumors Core

Believe it or not Skunk there are people out there.

21. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

After using the iPhone/iPhone 3G for over a year now I would say it is the best phone I have used even with it's obvious flaw's.

22. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

I agree no other phone comes CLOSE to the iphone. Seriously the iphone is a revolutionary device and yet people bitch about stupid things.

There is no please some people no matter how awesome something is and that's just life.

23. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

My Mom.

I had a nice picture of my daughter on my iPhone which my Mom wanted on her phone so she could show her friends. She asked me to send it by MMS, which I couldn't. She then asked me to send it by Bluetooth, which I couldn't.

By now she wasn't very impressed with my fancy new phone. To prove it wasn't rubbish, I had to email the picture to my daughter, who sent it to her phone with Bluetooth, then sent it to my Mom by MMS.

Apple, it just works. :D

24. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Well part of my criticism comes from the fact that Apple and a lot of people treat the thing like it was a friggin' brick of solid gold. If your **** stinks, at least admit it, don't tell me if smells like roses!

I've only had mine for a week, but there are features missing that I would expect ANY new phone to market to have. Having to unlock my phone just to check if I have an email/sms is unnaceptable to me. Also the keyboard still sucks after having gotten used to it. I would be able to blow away any iphone user in speed on a standard phone keyboard. And lastly, the sucker is too sleek, I don't want to feel like I am going to get mugged everytime I pull it out of my pocket. I'm afraid Apple is a victim of it's own hype.

25. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've had my phone for a little over a month now and I absoutely love it! The only thing I miss is highlighting/copy & pasting but the form factor, os, apps, ipod, AMAZING!! It's going to take something incredible for me to go back to verizon.