Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm really skinny, do you guys think the Nexus 5 will still be good for me? I'm 5'10 in height but I only weigh ~100 pounds... so I'm scared because my pockets are generally small and I sometimes have difficulty with my 4'' iPod Touch. :(

Sweet fancy moses. I thought I was skinny as hell at 5'10" 145

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Yeah, blame growth spurts. Do I need a case for a Nexus 5? The screen is gorilla glass so I assume no screen protector?
I don't think you need a screen protector, but you do need to be at least reasonably careful - get a case that has some sort of lip around it so the screen isn't flush with any surface you'd lay it on, don't put it in your pocket with keys, and so on.

Gorilla Glass 3 is highly scratch resistant, but any surface can be scratched. With just a little precaution, though, you'll be fine.

MathBunny123

macrumors regular
Original poster
I don't think you need a screen protector, but you do need to be at least reasonably careful - get a case that has some sort of lip around it so the screen isn't flush with any surface you'd lay it on, don't put it in your pocket with keys, and so on.

Gorilla Glass 3 is highly scratch resistant, but any surface can be scratched. With just a little precaution, though, you'll be fine.

Thanks a ton! Since there's no expansion slot on the Nexus, do you think it's a bad idea to get the 16GB version? I'm sort of a heavy user and my iPod Touch 64GB has 250MB left or something like that. :confused:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks a ton! Since there's no expansion slot on the Nexus, do you think it's a bad idea to get the 16GB version? I'm sort of a heavy user and my iPod Touch 64GB has 250MB left or something like that. :confused:

I think you answered that question yourself haha

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Yeah, I did. :p Dang...now I need to convince my parents for the higher end model. Do you think they'll ever go on sale?
Not for a long time, but the $50 difference isn't too bad.

Also, in case you can't go 32GB, I somehow managed for a year with 16GB on my Nexus 4 and didn't die. ;) Cloud services are awesome.

MathBunny123

macrumors regular
Original poster
They usually don't until right before the new nexus comes out.

Noooo...no Boxing Day sales. :(

----------

Also, in case you can't go 32GB, I somehow managed for a year with 16GB on my Nexus 4 and didn't die. ;) Cloud services are awesome.

Alright...I guess I could try & survive. I shall only keep what I need. :D

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

I managed with an 8gb nexus and somehow got $140 for it earlier this week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.