Best Photo Editing Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fugue, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Fugue macrumors 6502

I am looking for a photo editing software that is easy to use. I currently use Picasa and iPhoto, but they do not allow me to add good looking text and other features. I need something a bit more professional, yet easy to use.

I have tried Photoshop CS5, but that is like learning a new language. It's a bit too complicated for an amateur. Is aperture easier to pick up, preferably as easy as iPhoto?

Thanks!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You might take a look at Pixelmator. It seems to get good reviews as a sort of PS light app.

3. Captpegleg macrumors member

Aperture doesn't have text ability. You can add text with Preview.

4. musique macrumors regular

musique

Another suggestion

Graphic Converter is a terrific image editing piece of relatively inexpensive software.

5. coldwaves macrumors regular

I personally like Aperture or Adobe lightroom. I feel these two photo editing softwares are powerful enough for amature photography. They offer many options of photo enhancements and they are relatively easy to use.

For adding text, you could do it through water mark. You can directly add text water mark in lightroom. Aperture probably cannot do this (I am not sure).

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Photoshop
    Lightroom
    Aperture
    Pixelmator

In that order imo too.

7. Windows Expat macrumors member

Windows Expat

You might find Photoshop Elements less overwhelming than the full version. Cheaper as well.

8. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

I use Photoline and like it. Pixelmater is good as well and currently on sale at the app store. If you have Toast 10, you can upgrade to 11 Titanium and Photoshop Elements comes with it (along with some other cool programs) for

9. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon