best photo editor for artist

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Prairie Storms, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Prairie Storms macrumors newbie

I am an artist and I photograph my own work for uploading images to my website and/or sending them to galleries and prospective buyers, which means I need to be able to adjust the size and resolution easily and store several versions of the same image. Iphoto just isn't cutting it. I used an old version of photoshop elements on my old PC which did the trick, but now that I"ve switched to a Mac I'd like to purchase/download some newer and cheaper or free(!) software. I am tech impaired so it has to be VERY user friendly. It must allow me to adjust the size and res easily. The only forum I"ve seen so far regarding this dates back to 08, so I figure there's got to be something even better out there now that I can use.

2. brucem91 macrumors 6502

I believe that Photoshop elements is also for the Mac for cheap. Download the trial, then find it for cheap on amazon. You also may be able to covert your pc ps elements to Mac if you contact adobe. Why learn new software when you are used to another one, ya know?

-BruceM