Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
hi, im looking for a easy no fuss way to add some cool effects to photos, whats out there, photoshops too complicated at the minute, picturesque is ok but a bit too basic, im looking for something with lots of cool effects.

thaks in advance

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
cool thanks for the reply, ill check out pixelmator,

also whats the best and easiest no fuss way to create a cool looking dvd with fancy menus and etc,

apparently idvd is called at 60mins,
roxio toast is way too slow
"burn" is great for data, lacking in dvd options
and amerisoft dvd creator seems pretty poor

thanks

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You can change the settings in iDVD. Project > Project Info ... Change to Professional Quality, I have a 94 minute movie in this project.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    145 KB · Views: 55

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
so you have, that seems pretty cool, i do like the themes and customization options in idvd, thanks for the tip.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
hi, im looking for a easy no fuss way to add some cool effects to photos, whats out there, photoshops too complicated at the minute, picturesque is ok but a bit too basic, im looking for something with lots of cool effects.

thaks in advance

I want to get Tiffen's DFX when I have a spare $100 kicking around.

http://www.tiffen.com/dfx_v2_home.html

1000 one-click effects that digitally mimic the most popular effects of Tiffen filters. They have an iPhone app that's pretty decent. I'd expect the desktop app to be pretty good.

Have a look at some samples: http://www.tiffen.com/dfx_v2_image_gallery.htm

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
tiffen looks just the thing, the standalone version, i will try the trial and see,

thanks for that one.

iAlexG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
UK
I have used burn before and that was slower than disk utillity I plan on burning a few movies. Would iDVD be the best bet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.