Best photo host? Paid or free....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AuroraProject, Jan 30, 2011.

1. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

What is the general consensus on a good photo hosting site? For years I used Pbase, but they seem to be stuck in the stone ages as far as mobile uploads, no app, no ftp support, etc. So I tried Photobucket free and it's ok, as is Flickr free. I don't mind paying $20-40 a year but I want a few features, such as ftp access, direct linking, and mobile support. Any suggestions?

2. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

3. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

SmugMug

4. tonydeli7 macrumors newbie

tonydeli7

I use Flickr and to uploa&share to social networks Flickstackr..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think I'll try Flickr paid for a year and see how I like that.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I use picasaweb.google.com for my online albums for pictures, and youtube for video.
    With picasaweb, its free up to about 1GB of pictures, etc. You can have public, private, or semi private albums. You can upload them from either your iDevice or a standard browser, or they have a client app for your computer.

I use Pixel Pipe (free) to do my uploading. I can select what albums, what service, etc. to upload my media to.

I think you can upgrade to 5GB on picasaweb or more.

And with picasaweb and youtube, both are part of google. So there are common links between the two.

Free

7. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I use Flickr Pro for annual fee. I like the services a lot.

8. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I use Flickr, and have had a paid account for 3.5 years now. I use it as it's fairly straight forward to upload photos. You can upload it from iPhone Flickr app, from email, from your computer. When I first signed up for it I only wanted to upload photos as a bit of an archive in case computer hard drive died. Even free account is good if you want to upload a photo once in a while.

9. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I like Picasa too. Facebook also works for me because of the different choices you can make for who can see what pictures.

10. saberahul macrumors 68040

11. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They don't allow direct linking.