Best photo management software post-photo stream

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by estockme, Nov 22, 2011.

1. estockme macrumors regular

What is the best, most straightforward program for managing photos? Especially now that I am getting an iphone I see myself taking more pictures... I currently use a point-and-shoot, but I only actually take it out of the house a couple times a year and even then i usually forget to upload them. With photo stream i am thinking that iphoto makes the most sense for me, but i also have light room (belongs to my roommate) and started with picasa...
    but i'm willing to leave the finder-organized photos behind if that is what i am supposed to do now :)

specifically i'd prefer to be able to use my photostream or some other wireless sync (through itunes?) with lightroom since i have it and a roommate who can teach me to use it, but is this possible

2. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

The only applications that will directly integrate with Photo Stream are iPhoto and Aperture. These are both (obviously) made by Apple. I would recommend using iPhoto, which if you've bought a Mac any time recently you'll have the latest version already installed as part of iLife.

As for Lightroom, you'll have trouble, I think, finding an easy way to use it with Photo Stream. Also, you can import any photos you have in Finder into iPhoto and you can import any photos off of any other cameras you use into iPhoto.