Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Medic278

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
New York
SO I have been using iPhoto and iMovie and now I Am hooked on video and editing software. I also bout aperture and adobe elements. MY question is what else is there that use guys use that you would recommend I like have choices? Oh I also have Final Cut Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated I don't mind spending the money on it!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Why do you need other video editing software, if you already have Final Cut Pro?
FCP X should suffice for almost all your editing needs.

Anyway, there is also Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer (which I use, but may be too advanced for your usage and also has quite a learning curve).

For photo manipulation software there is Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, Pixelmator and Gimp.
Aperture and Lightroom are used more for photo management than manipulation.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

PS: The "best" is highly subjective, as it depends on one's individual needs. While I consider Avid MC the best video editing solution for my needs, and Photoshop the best for my photo manipulation needs and Lightroom the best for my photo management needs, others will have other favourite and "best" solutions.

Medic278

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
New York
Why do you need other video editing software, if you already have Final Cut Pro?
FCP X should suffice for almost all your editing needs.

Anyway, there is also Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer (which I use, but may be too advanced for your usage and also has quite a learning curve).

For photo manipulation software there is Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, Pixelmator and Gimp.
Aperture and Lightroom are used more for photo management than manipulation.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

PS: The "best" is highly subjective, as it depends on one's individual needs. While I consider Avid MC the best video editing solution for my needs, and Photoshop the best for my photo manipulation needs and Lightroom the best for my photo management needs, others will have other favourite and "best" solutions.

Thank you for your post I am actually quite happy with FCX I was just wondering if photoshop elements and aperture would suffice for just some amateur editing or if there was something better out.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thank you for your post I am actually quite happy with FCX I was just wondering if photoshop elements and aperture would suffice for just some amateur editing or if there was something better out.

That depends on the amount of manipulation you want to do. And again, while Aperture offers some editing features, it is a management application.
PSE is for photo manipulation and you could try the trial to see, if it suffices your photo manipulation needs.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010

I never found aperture to be very helpful.

Medic278

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
New York
That depends on the amount of manipulation you want to do. And again, while Aperture offers some editing features, it is a management application.
PSE is for photo manipulation and you could try the trial to see, if it suffices your photo manipulation needs.

T think thats what I may do, I am not a professionally by any stretch of the imagination but do enjoy editing my familiy videos and movies. I honestly think FCX may even been a little of over kill but its still a nice program to have even if it was expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.