Best photoshop like app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by xsecretfiles, Jan 26, 2009.

1. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

I want to be able to play with my pictures in my library
    insert text
    blend two different pictures
    change backgrounds
    morph faces

What's the best app to manipulate pictures?

Thanks!

2. hvaldivia macrumors newbie

3. Gleadr macrumors member

Gleadr

umm... i think you would be better off buying a laptop and puting photoshop on it. The only drawing app that i have is iDraw, there is a ap that can distort faces into weird things but i dont remember what it's called

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

5. porkchopbone macrumors member

6. redman042 macrumors 68020

Photogene is a GREAT app for general adjustment, cropping, and framing of pics. My favorite photo app by far. You can also use it to open then re-save pics affected by the "blurry" bug in the iPhone OS (though I just saw the latest firmware update 2.2.1 today fixes that). But it doesn't do layering or morphing. I think there are apps that do, but I don't have them.

7. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

Another you might check out is Petite Peinture & Petite Peinture Lite. Peinture uses layers, though it unfortunately doesn't seem to be able to insert text and the controls are a bit difficult to figure out. The Lite version is what I use for very basic drawing on images in my photo roll, and it looks like if you get the hang of it you can do some impressive stuff with it.

8. pogochamp113 macrumors member

9. nrmillions macrumors member

i think PhotoGene is the closest to having photoshop on your phone. Face Melter and CartoonizeMe can also do some fun things.