Best photoshop replacement??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KillerGorilla, Aug 14, 2014.

1. KillerGorilla macrumors newbie

Hi
    I'm looking for a good replacement for photoshop.
    As far as i've heard, the best options are pixelmatr or acorn?!
    So which those apps is the best!?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Depends what you want to do. Macphun is worth a look to. The same people behind Nik Software.

3. techn9ne macrumors member

Any particular reason you're looking to replace Photoshop? What are your main uses and functionality you're looking for in a photo editing application? (Besides the general answer of photo editing, of course.) If you get a little more specific, we can be a little more specific with our recommendations.

4. KillerGorilla thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking to replace photoshop because i think it's simply too expensive.
    I would like a photo editing app that's not to hard to use, it doesn't need to have the most advanced photo editing features (I'm a hobbyist/beginner), but beside that it doesn't need to have the most advanced photo editing features, I want it to be great with the features it got. ;)
    I hope this is specific enough else tell me :)

5. koerk macrumors regular

koerk

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

7. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Are you trying to replace the full Photoshop program? If so, Photoshop Elements is a much cheaper alternative (although still more expensive than some of the options mentioned already).

8. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

You can also buy the retail version of Lighroom. However, at $10 a month for both Lightroom and Photoshop CC, this is actually a very good deal.

9. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

In the App Store Pixelmator is only $29. Learning Pixelmator is a $5.99 app that has over 40 hours of training videos.