Best Photoshopped images on MacRumors (56 K WARNING)

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
2,381
31
This thread is just for people to post their favorite Photoshopped images and people can comment on them.

I made this image for the XBox 360 Developer Kit thread:

 

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
3,809
0
thats kinda funny .... but my first reaction was scary ... I don't think its top photoshop work because I can figure out how you did it ... thats my litmus test for these things, If I don't understand it all the better.
 

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
2,381
31
Kwyjibo said:
thats kinda funny .... but my first reaction was scary ... I don't think its top photoshop work because I can figure out how you did it ... thats my litmus test for these things, If I don't understand it all the better.
It doesn't have to be the best in terms of OMG I wanna do that! But in terms of "thats pretty funny!"
 

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
3,399
489
NorCal
If you were trying to make it look like Windows, I think it could be done better. I don't think Microsoft would copy Apple that much. Maybe make the icons more "Windows-like". Just changing the logo doesn't do it justice, IMO.

What's up with that funny little drop shadow/shape behind the "About this Mac" window?

Hope that doesn't sound to harsh, just trying to challenge ya a bit ;)
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
tech4all said:
If you were trying to make it look like Windows, I think it could be done better. I don't think Microsoft would copy Apple that much. Maybe make the icons more "Windows-like". Just changing the logo doesn't do it justice, IMO.
Well, the XBox kit doesn't run on Windows, does it? Isn't that the point?

BTW, I didn't know ye olde XBox kit used "Duale 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4" either! :eek: ;) :D

Hmmm...I haven't done any photoshop playing in a while....
 

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
3,399
489
NorCal
mkrishnan said:
Well, the XBox kit doesn't run on Windows, does it? Isn't that the point?
I have no idea what the X Box kit is, so I'm not sure. I thought he was trying to show Longhorn looking like OS X. Guess I was wrong :eek:
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
tech4all said:
I have no idea what the X Box kit is, so I'm not sure. I thought he was trying to show Longhorn looking like OS X. Guess I was wrong :eek:
Ahhh *decides to ruin joke by explaining it*

The XBox runs on a PowerPC. Because of this, the developer kits needed to, also. Because it was the most expedient way to achieve this, IBM uses Powermac G5s as XBox development kits for MS. That's why its funny. :)

See this, for instance: http://www.hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2005-04-20#3929

Edit: if I need to go even one step further, the XBox is MS' fairly successful gaming console. The XBox 2 is actively under development atm, and all this applies to it. They both, AFAIK, use PowerPC-derived cores, provided by IBM.
 

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
1,955
0
I Live Where I Live
BTW what was the reason for (poorly) cuting the kit out of the orignal pic?



Notice the carpet under tha handle and the not straight line next to the body. (its on all the other pics of it too.)
 

fox2005

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2004
88
0
Lima, Peru
Daveway said:
I remember some of the best photoshops being done in the "who really is edesign" thread. Anyone whose been around know what I'm talking about. ;)

Here are some I dug up:


Those were JUST THE BEST :) LOL...

I just wish they would have kept going... ;)
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
Some people can do dang impressive things with photoshop! Those pics remind me of the moshpit girl that was doing the rounds.
 

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
1,790
1
Germany
mkrishnan said:
Well, the XBox kit doesn't run on Windows, does it? Isn't that the point?
I don't know for sure but don't these Xbox dev kits use a special version of Windows NT?
 

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
2,859
3
Austin, Texas
mkrishnan said:
Ahhh *decides to ruin joke by explaining it*

The XBox runs on a PowerPC. Because of this, the developer kits needed to, also. Because it was the most expedient way to achieve this, IBM uses Powermac G5s as XBox development kits for MS. That's why its funny. :)

See this, for instance: http://www.hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2005-04-20#3929

Edit: if I need to go even one step further, the XBox is MS' fairly successful gaming console. The XBox 2 is actively under development atm, and all this applies to it. They both, AFAIK, use PowerPC-derived cores, provided by IBM.
Actually the xbox runs on a 733 MHz Intel P3.
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,194
6
Adelaide, Australia
This has got to be one of the best thread ideas in a while. Such a good way to fritter away time as I procrastinate over yet another assignment... I wish I could use Photoshop, I'm such a pathetic Mac user. :eek: