Best place for to buy iPhone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mattyk182, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Mattyk182 macrumors member

I've finally decided to actually get a case for my 4s after buying it the day it came out and I really don't know where I can find a big variety of cases. I want a Beatles case really bad from Amazon but I really don't know what kind of quality they are with no reviews. Can anyone refer me to a trusted site where I can purchase a nice case? Also, what do you prefer, hard rubber or hard plastic?

2. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

I bought my latest Otterbox on amazon and was very pleased. As a marketplace, amazon is great. As for some of the products, well they are subject to the manufacturer. But I love buying stuff on amazon :)

3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

amazon, ebay, or walmart /target. my local target has a MINI apple store so it has a lot of apple products and accessories :)

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Buying anything online is typically hit or miss, even with reviews. People love the Otterbox case, but I hated it (too big for me). I've wasted a lot of money on cases I bought online, only to receive utter crap. Its better to go to your local Apple store or Target/BBY and see what they have in person.

5. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Apple store
    Best Buy

Between the two you'll see something you'll want usually.

7. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Cases that you buy from the AT&T store are warrantied for one year, so I like to buy cases from them when I can. I've had no problem exchanging a case that wears out from use for a brand new one, then the good part is that it's warrantied for another whole year!!

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Best Buy, ... heck most good size retailers have a ton of cases. Most malls have kiosks with lots of cases. Ebay for cheap. Amazon is great.

9. JoltinJoe macrumors member

I had a great experience with outfityours.com. They ship ridiculously fast and FREE (ordered on a Sunday, arrived on a Wednesday), they have competitive pricing for a lot of the big name brands, and they have lightning fast customer service.

No-brainer

10. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Surprisingly, Apple is missing some of the big names in Cases. Amazon seems to be your best bet, but I hate ordering online so I'd say best buy. Though my last case was an element case which can only be purchased online.

11. Bruce91 macrumors newbie

12. dtziheucdavis macrumors newbie

Outfityours.com
    a) They have higher prices than competitors
    b) They do not have a low price guarantee
    c) They make it difficult to get a return

13. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

I've purchased a few different cases for my 4s from ebay, BestBuy, and the ifrogz website. I do prefer the hard rubber ones over the plastic ones... they have better grip.

Go for the Beatles case on Amazon. If you don't like it, it is only a small hassle to return it.

14. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I recommend Otterbox Commuter series or Urban Armor Gear
    Comes in a variety of colors(both of these cases)

Urban Armor Gear IPH5-RST/BLK-VP Composite Case with Impact Resistant Bumpers and Screen Kit for iPhone 5 - Rust/Black
    http://amzn.com/B0099I81K0

OtterBox Commuter Series Hybrid Case for iPhone 5 - Night Sky
    http://amzn.com/B00974L62G

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

15. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I usually buy 90% of the things I need on amazon if they are available since I have prime. Every iPhone 5 case I own came from there

16. rward01 macrumors newbie

I would say the best place to buy cases at a reasonable price is Amazon. Many times they have the same cases that the carriers have, but at a much more affordable price.

17. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Yea most decent cases hover in the $9-15 range as opposed to $20-30 in store.