Best place for uploading HD videos online?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by slipper, Oct 15, 2008.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

As the title says^^^ Whats the best online service for uploading and sharings your HD videos online.

I just got a Samsung HMX10 video camera and would like to post some of my video online. For this purpose, what is the best format to export to on iMovie and Quicktime Pro?

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

A lot of people like vimeo. I like the site quite a bit.

P-Worm

3. nutmac macrumors 68040

I second Vimeo. Although default 720p high definition clips are heavily compressed, the image quality is a light year superior to YouTube, Veoh, etc. Registered users can download more lightly compressed H.264 version even.

4. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

What setting should i use for export on iMovie HD?

I shot the videos using 720p hd on the Samsung camera but iMovie seems to automatically convert it to VGA. Am i doing something wrong?

5. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I would recommend going File>Export... And then choosing "Expert Settings" under Quicktime. Change Export to Quicktime Movie, click Options and in Video click settings and choose "H.264" as your compression type. You can keep the other settings the same, but you can mess with the quality slider if you want.

Go ahead and save and that should do it.

P-Worm

6. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

^^^ can anyone help me with this problem?

7. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Oh, it converts it on import? Sorry I read that wrong. I'm not familiar with that camera. I found this though:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6309282

It looks like you'll need iMovie 08 to import. You might be able to import that footage into iMovie HD after the fact.

P-Worm