Best place to buy a black MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by OS-SEX, Mar 24, 2012.

1. OS-SEX macrumors member

OS-SEX

I'm looking to buy a used (obviously) black Macbook, preferably the last model from 2008. Any suggestions as to where I might get one without paying an arm and a leg? I haven't had any luck with my local craigslist listings.

2. Croox macrumors newbie

I got mine off ebay, its an early 08 2.4Ghz Blackbook. it was a refrub and was practically new, the battery had 50 charges on it. (bust have been someone's back up) the ebayer was instantreplayelectroinics

3. BlackbookGuy macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Just sold a late 2006 black book today for $450. I loved that machine but it was a good price so... Had to.

Maybe u could post the price once u get one? Just curious how they hold their value.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I bought mine on Craigslist last May. It was in nearly perfect condition, 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram. It took about a week to find one I was interested in.

Just be careful because people say things are in great shape when sometimes they are not.

5. LeonSpacely macrumors newbie

I've got an end of 2008 2.4 ghz core 2 duo with 4gb's of ram and 250 gb storage. Currently debating selling.

6. jay22w macrumors newbie

Looking to sell mine

I'm looking to buy a used (obviously) black Macbook, preferably the last model from 2008. Any suggestions as to where I might get one without paying an arm and a leg? I haven't had any luck with my local craigslist listings.[/QUOTE]

I have a late 2008 macbook 4.1--great condition. Still get great battery life.
    No physical damage.
    Original Owner. purchased from Apple Store
    2.4 Ghz
    4GB DDR2(upgraded)
    500 GB Seagate 7200 rpm HD

Thinking of upgrading to a new Macbook Pro... and I would be interested in selling this one. Let me know if you are interested. Message me.
    Thanks

7. OS-SEX thread starter macrumors member

OS-SEX

I actually ended up giving up on finding a fair price on a black book after i found a great deal on late 2009 white unibody macbook. I slapped a black InCase shell on it. It's not the same as owning a real black book but I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. :)

8. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I'm looking to upgrade my CD MacBook to either a Black MacBook (so I can run Lion) or a Aluminum MacBook (for Mountain Lion).

I've really been sitting and waiting for a good deal to come along, either on Craigslist or eBay. Seems like not many on here, maybe I'm just missing them.