Best Place to buy a MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stockcerts, Jul 25, 2012.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

With the new release of Mountain Lion I have now decided to buy a MBA. My first generation aluminimum iMac cannot make use of all the new features in the OS update.

I'm looking at the MBA 11" with 128 SSD. Both Bust Buy and Amazon carry it for $1044- (no tax from Amazon). I'd really like to get it with 8 gigs of RAM, but I don't think you can get that anywhere other than Apple.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on where to buy. I believe Apple will price match the cost of the unit, then hopefully just charge an extra $100- to upgrade to 8 gigs of RAM.

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not going to happen.

3. Atemporal macrumors newbie

Apple will only offer the student discount and iTunes card if you're a student. They won't price match. You'll have to customize it directly from the Apple store.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

There are 3rd party retailers carrying 8GB setups. You'll have to search their stock. Places I've seen mentioned include MacMall.com and BHPhotoVideo.com .

Haven't done business with either of these companies and I am not trying to shill for them, just mentioning them.

5. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I buy all my Toys at kijiji. *knock-on-wood* Never had a problem with Transactions and the Items.

I bought my new Air 13" 1.8GHz a few nights ago.

6. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Apple does price match needs to be a local retailer and they will call and verify

7. stchman macrumors 6502a

MacMall.com allows you to customize your MBA. They offer free shipping as well.

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

AND it has to be in stock with said local, brick and mortar, retailer.