Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Newegg, Amazon, Swappa , eBay or something else?

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Apple.com or Apple store.
Sure, you’ll be paying full price, but then you know you won’t be cheated. There are so many scammers out there that it’s just ridiculous.

I personally fell for one. Seller claimed it’s a new iPhone, but when I received it, the box is fake and the iPhone itself was already registered under someone else’s name and its warranty has expired when I check it with Apple. And this is from a legit e-commerce, not a Craigslist or something like that. Good thing they had proper return policy so I got my money back.

Reactions: msp3

waynester

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Costco! I picked up one of the XR during their Christmas sale where they gave you a trade in for a phone and then a rebate up to $750. Traded in a iPhone 6s Plus got a $80 bill credit and a gift card for the balance of $670. No monthly credits for 36 months. Only thing is you have to pay the phone out right at Costco. Once you get your rebate you can cancel service. Much better than the T-Mobile stores where the rebate is via monthly bill credit

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t know what the OP is willing to spend when they say ‘new’ in their thread title, but if they’re willing to pay ‘full retail’ for a new device, then your safest bet would be Apple direct.

Reactions: rugmankc

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Always buy my stuff from Apple online and never had a problem. They've always delivered when they say they will, sometimes a day early.

Reactions: rugmankc

Retops

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Oklahoma
I have been buying iPhones outright for years and I always buy direct from Apple. Never a problem going that route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.