Best place to buy a replacement screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TSE, Sep 25, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Where is a best place to buy a replacement screen for a 3G? I dropped my iPhone 3G, it turns on, but the screen is completely white and it has black lines, so I am guessing it is a screen problem.

2. hoangtrang macrumors newbie

Thanks ....
    I hope other members would love to share their great photos and memories this site.

3. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

Ok get this. My buddy Pinged me this morning (yes go download Ping for your ithing, free for now) telling me that he dropped his 3G and the screen broken, he said shattered but all the pieces stayed and the phone would turn on. I told he that the $199 that apple charges is way to much especially for a 3G seeing as he can buy one for $99 with a new contract (must be eligible) after trying to find a relative he could upgrade off of he went to the apple store and asked it what they could do. He said that the lady look at his phone like they do with there tools and crap and said that they don't cover this damage under the warranty but that she had found another flaw with it and they were going to replace the phone for him!!! I still don't believe him, but as soon as he comes over - he had lots of scratches and stickers on his old one, I will be able to tell!.

SO I say to you maybe you can get lucky and Apple will replace it.

But then I think now that the 3G is only $99 that maybe they are in the process of creating a new store policy for the 3G screen replacement and while that is not out they are give customers the Apple treatment.