Best place to buy a Used Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dlewis23, Oct 14, 2009.

1. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for the best place to buy a used Mac Pro.

The place I ordered one from on Monday really sucks, they keep making excuses. So I canceled the order.

I'm looking for the best place to buy one from. Was looking at like a 2.66 Ghz rev. 1,1.

Most of the places I find these at just don't look that great. So if anyone has ever ordered one from a site and had a good experience please let me know.

Thanks

2. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

where did you place that first order at? Just to let others know NOT to buy from them?

Apple refurb store is the ONLY place I go for used Macs

3. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

Best place to buy a Used Mac Pro?

Probably best if you give us an idea as to where you are. No point in recommending somewhere in Europe if you're in the US, for example

4. dlewis23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gainsaver.com

Didn't notice all the bad reviews till after I places my order.

I was told it would ship monday when I ordered, nothing. Was told tuesday it didn't ship because they were brining up a fresh pallet from another wear house and it would shop tuesday, nothing shipped again, called this morning and was told it may ship today.

Canceled the order after that.

I normally would by from the refurb store, but they don't have any mac pros with in my budget.

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Craigslist have the best prices. eBay a bigger selection.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I would second eBay. As there are plenty of sellers there with good reputation. You will also most likely beat any used mac store prices. As they are usually ridiculously high.

7. ericthered macrumors member

http://www.powermax.com/parts/code/PM_CU_MP

These guys are maybe not the cheapest, but they are nice.

Looks like an OK selection

edit to add: OK maybe I'm an E-bay basher but I prefer dealing with a company that actually answers phone calls and am happy to pay a slight premium for the privilege.

8. frimple macrumors 6502

I'm a big fan of the refurb store as well, but you're not going to find a 1,1 up there. Check out PowerMax.com. Also eBay is chock full of 1,1's ATM, and when there's lots of inventory floating around prices go down. You can probably find a good one out there for cheap.

9. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

I bought a 2.66Ghz Mac Pro off ebay and had no problems. Got a good price too. I bought it from a company that resells leased units. The company had a couple thousand feedback so it was reputable.

10. j2048b macrumors 6502a

Do you have a screen name? I also like to buy from the leased companies, i just bought 2 20" cinema displays from ebay that dealt with leasing mac stuff, nice stuff!!

11. forester54 macrumors member

forester54

same here, just got mine about a month ago off eBay (1.1 2x2.66ghz) I can look for the username later tonight because my internet is acting up right now. (I can still get on here though :confused::))

12. forester54 macrumors member

forester54

ebay user: cwi_1

they even offer a warranty on it if you want

13. Stephen23 macrumors member

Stephen23

used 1,1 Mac Pro...

I actually have one I'm selling, having upgraded to a newer machine. I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't go through. It's in great shape, and I have 100% feedback on ebay, if you want to go through them. If you're interested, you can message me through my profile here.

Stephen

14. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

I got a great deal on my 2008 Mac Pro on eBay.

Bought from a seller who wasn't too far away to visit and strangle if anything went wrong. :)

Nothing went wrong, very happy with machine.