Best place to buy an iPad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sotiredofsoup, Nov 29, 2010.

1. sotiredofsoup macrumors member

Hi all,

I've been wanting an iPad for a while, but I'm not in a rush. I'm probably going to wait for the second generation for myself, but my dad wants one for Christmas.

Where do you think is the best place to buy it from? I have a Best Buy credit card and I know I can get 0% financing on it for a year. Not a bad option so I don't have to drop $ all at once. I know they had $41 off on Black Friday, which I should have jumped on but was too busy.

Are there any retailers out there offering free goodies or other offers? I know its an extremely low margin product for resellers, but I want to see if anyone has found anything or what your opinions are on where to buy.

Thanks.

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Buy a refurb directly from Apple Store online--will save you $50 and they are offering 6 months interest free financing on purchases less than $599 and 12 months on purchases over $599, assuming one qualifies.

All of Apple's refurbs are covered by the same one year Applecare warranty you'd get on a brand new unit. I've bought numerous refurb items (iPods, Apple TVs, iMac, Mac Mini), have had no issues and have saved hundreds of $.

3. sotiredofsoup thread starter macrumors member

lol, yeah. Believe me, I called every store within 50miles when that news broke.

I'm totally fine with getting a refurb, too. I have gotten other ipods and computers from the refurb store and never had a problem.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Just about anywhere nowadays; Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sam's Club

If I wanted an iPad, I'd personally order online through Amazon. No taxes. It's a steal if you lived in California!