best place to buy an ipad2?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sam235, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Sam235 macrumors member

Sam235

hello all, where is the best place to get an ipad 2 ? price and availability wise, i prefer online, thanks alot all

2. r0k, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011

r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

You prefer online, eh? I saw one of them in stock at Target. I hesitated and some lady bought the last 16 Gig wifi. Best Buy is good as well. If you are near an Apple store that's your best option. But for online buying... I strongly prefer buying Apple stuff directly from Apple online. Apple.com isn't so much better than Amazon the way the Apple store is so much better than other retail but I still prefer buying direct from apple.com. One reason is my company discount. The only way to beat my company discount is to buy at Microcenter which often discounts Apple gear. But I'd still go back to the Apple store for the AppleCare.

hope this helps...

3. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

4. Cole JM macrumors regular

5. Sam235, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011

Sam235 thread starter macrumors member

Sam235

thanks alot for the response, yes i think apple is the best place to get an ipad now since amazon is selling it for 580 :S

6. Resist macrumors 68030

I like Amazon because of the free shipping and no state sales tax. They are also very easy to deal with if you have any problems with the item.

The thing about Amazon though is that their prices fluctuate, so you have to watch what you are interested in for several weeks, even months to get the best prices. I add the item to my Amazon wish list and do a www.Camelcamelcamel.com price watch.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Except the OP said "availability wise." If you search these forums there are a handful of people with reports that powermax has told them 2-3 weeks and it's been as many as 6-8.

They will say "2-3 weeks" but it's a guess at best and they're simply at the mercy of whenever they receive shipment from Apple. I'm actually cancelling my pre-order with them Tuesday.