Best place to buy battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hatrabbit, Nov 11, 2011.

1. hatrabbit macrumors newbie

I see batteries for my 13" unibody Macbook available online for as little as $54... I'm leery, though, about buying one that's too cheap. Anyone here have advice on where to get the best deal on a quality batery?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would never buy or recommend a battery that didn't come from Apple. Too many who bought 3rd party batteries have reported problems with them. Your Mac is too valuable to risk a knock-off battery. Don't go cheap. Buy from Apple or Amazon. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I bought a battery from focalprice.com for my early 2008 macbook just recently. It took a little over a month to come in from China. I calibrated the battery according to Apple's recommendation and with just 2 load cycles the design capacity dropped down to 89% The people from focal price have been responsive to my issue and they've issued an RMA for the battery. They've covered most of the shipping price back to China by offering a coupon to the web site for future purchases. Even at 89% capacity it still works better than my current original battery with 495 load cycles. A couple of things about this 3rd party battery is the color does not match the macbook's color and the fit is not that great. If the battery worked correctly and hold the capacity like it should, it would have been a stellar deal even with the flawed color and fit. If you do find another battery that works and fit please do post.