Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

00Penguin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Colorado
I am looking to increase the memory on my iMac to 4GB. I was wondering what you thing the best online store to buy memory is. I heard OWC was good and newegg didn't seem to have much of a selection. Any thoughts?

magid

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2003
I would check out crucial. You dont need to to specifically search for mac or apple ram, just make sure its the same speed and whatnot.

Mpulsive81

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
McKinney, TX
I always use craigslist, memory is too cheap these days to worry about getting it new.

but if u insist on new, newegg's got that G.Skill memory that was pretty hot with apple users for a while. I use pc2-5300, but it seems now u can get pc2-6400.

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
I would check out crucial. You dont need to to specifically search for mac or apple ram, just make sure its the same speed and whatnot.

I second Crucial. That's where I've gotten all my memory and where I send my clients for their memory. 55+ orders and not one dud stick :cool:

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
owc.com has been great. It exceeds intel/mac standards and has a lifetime warranty. AND its usually cheaper than Crucial, who is also good.

bobjob186

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2005
Laguna Beach
newegg.com ....hands down the best. And you'll be amazed by shipping, it's almost like you click buy and some guy is knocking on your door with the package. Yeah, it's that fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.