Best place to buy PS3?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by firstapple, Feb 25, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Alright...

I am in the market for a PS3 finally. Just got my tax returns back and gotta spend it! Where is the best place to buy PS3 right now? I am looking for cheapest and maybe a bundle or something along those lines. Also, I know at the end of last year they were doing the whole thing where if you buy PS3 you get 5 free blu-rays, is this still going on?

Thanks a lot! (If there are multiple threads like this, please point me in the direction of them and I will search from there, but I did a quick search in the forum and could not find much)

2. magicjames92 macrumors regular

no more free blu-rays. I say ebay or here. I got one on here from a real nice guy, it's shippin to me now.

3. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

4. magicjames92 macrumors regular

got a slightly used 40gb with hdmi cable, resistance, dmc4, $425 shipped

5. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Very nice! Be nice if I could find a deal like that... I will be searching Craigslist nonstop, because I see good deals all the time on there, but not all can be trusted. That's why I was posting here in case there was a reliable website people have purchased from at a good deal.

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I always buy stuff new. So you know, just local stores :). Costco usually has some bundle...

7. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

If you get one from a Sony Store or Sonystyle.com, sign up for their card and you can get a new 40GB PS3 for $299 (it should still include a free Spiderman 3 Blu-ray disc).

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I did this.

Sony said it could take up to 3 billing cycles for the rebate. But, the rebate on the statement showed up the same month!

I paid it off right there - $324 for a PS3 after taxes (free shipping) :p

I just got the 5 free discs. Some of those movies I never saw and were pretty bad (they make you pick from catagories). I sold 3 back and the included Spiderman and got $34 credit for them at the local FYE...