best place to buy referb mac book pro??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tttexxan, Jan 23, 2008.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Looking for the best place to buy for a good price also...was hoping to get something under 2000..

2. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

3. Wireless Buddy macrumors regular

You can buy a new one for $2000.

4. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

If anywhere, I would say straight from the Apple store. Easiest to fix problems if you have them!

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

If you check early and often, they've had 2.16 C2Ds for $1499. Be ready to buy on the spot, though, they go fast. Next best is 2.2 C2D for $1699.

6. bntz313 macrumors 6502

I'd say apple also. I just bought mine like 4 months ago and it was like brand new. love it!!!

7. critten macrumors member

BEWARE dont buy amazon refurb warehouse. mine said only dents to box but when i received it i found that it has been resealed twice(2 returns + original buyer). Apparently white crust and padding that lacked the upper foam, yes the precious laptop was on the cardboard outer part in packaging, + a box that was got here all beat up that i had to buy a new box to return in....wtf. anyway white crust all over it doesnt mean that anything is wrong on the computer it self according to amazon. you save 500 and you probably get a 1000 devalued laptop! plus i just would go with apple to get you a glossy screen matte sucks(heheh)

8. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

I would say to definitely buy from the Apple Store. That way you have a plan if anything malfunctions. Dont waste your time anywhere else! :apple:

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I bought my Macbook from Macofalltrades because it was ~50 cheaper than the same model @ the apple store. If you're willing, they've got MBPs for as low as 1200 over there.

10. Wireless Buddy macrumors regular

I love Mac Of All Trades.

I bought my iBook from them. They were great! My computer was in great condition, better than I was expecting.

Their site is reliable and won't steal your identity, if you're worried about that.

I highly recommend Mac of all Trades! :apple:
    www.macofalltrades.com

11. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

The $1200 - $1400 MBP models (from Mac of All Trades) are Core Duo. If you want the Core 2 Duo, you can get a 15" 2.16 GHz C2D from Apple's Refurb site for $1499. I was surfing the site early this morning (7AM) and I saw that they had both the Glossy and Matte versions of the 15" 2.16 GHz model. Then, I believe, they had the 15" 2.2Ghz models for $1699. Of course, you need to add tax, but you get a year warranty and they all go through Apple's "stringent quality refurbishment process".

I've bought from the Apple refurb site before and I have been very pleased with the service. The machines are as good as new and sometimes they are new.

Just letting you know there are alternatives. But the $1400 model from Mac of All Trades has Applecare until March 09 which makes the MBP a bit harder to resist.