Best place to buy without pre order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braz989, Nov 2, 2017.

1. braz989 macrumors newbie

I don’t get off work until 7am and the release is at 8am so I know Apple is out of the question. My local Walmart has no idea if they’re getting any phones, Target said they don’t open until 10am and they have no idea about the phones, ATT said they’ll have a limited release at 8am. Bestbuy said they will be selling an unknown amount at 8am.

I’m in the northern Illinois area near populated suburbs fyi. Which would you guys think is my best option? Just looking for a 64gb space grey ATT. Thanks!

2. MrAperture macrumors regular

MrAperture

Apple stores will get the most stock unfortunately.

3. braz989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that’s what I’ve learned from experience, but I wouldn’t get there until after 8am. Feel like there’s no chance then.

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

No good options, maybe a target with no preorders. But probably too late to find out.

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

Well most of the people are getting 256 gb so there is no harm in giving a try.

6. braz989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah target didn’t take any pre orders and they open later which gives me a few hours to be there early.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Hmm think so? Problem is if I go there, almost all other options are gone. But you’re right, they’ll have the most stock out of any stores.

7. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

Yup and last year I went to att store and they had some and there was no one waiting outside.

8. braz989 thread starter macrumors newbie

You know what, I’ll drive by two ATT stores on my way to Apple. Best option I think. Thanks for the input!

9. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

your welcome. i hope you find one. good luck!

10. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

Check the Best Buy website to see if any stores have stock for pickup tomorrow. There were a few 64 GB iPhones available a few minutes ago in the Bay Area. I've already got my order in so I decided against ordering another.

Best Buy's ship times seem pretty competitive as well-- the 64 GB variants had a delivery date by 11/7.

11. unibility macrumors 6502a

BestBuy is the largest BigBox to purchase Apple products amgonst retailers but I'll be slim picking though.

12. cwilliams706 macrumors regular

cwilliams706

Apple stores will have the most inventory, followed by carriers stores, then 3rd party retailers. Good luck my friend, please let us know how your adventure goes for you.

13. braz989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bestbuy is currently showing 12/15 pickup date. Is it changing after people order or are people getting lucky and seeing November dates after just selecting the phone?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Update: ATT store an hour away is showing 2 in stock for pickup. I honestly have no desire to make the drive after working midnight shift lol.. going to keep checking and see if local ones start popping up as well.

14. memo90061 macrumors 6502

There's an ATT store showing 3 in stock for pickup, but I don't have an account. :( Are ATT phones locked even if paid in full?

15. Qedty macrumors newbie

I am in a 2 mile radius of a Best Buy, Target and Verizon store. So I'm going to go to Verizon @ 8 am, cancel my pre order that is in another state and will take days to get here, try and get a phone at the store. If not I'll go to Target which is open at 8, if not, BB is next door to that at 10. If those fail, I'll just wait for my lost iPhone now haha

16. braz989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well after all of that, I went to a local AT&T store and was #3 in line 20min before they opened :) that was WAY too easy. 64GB Space Grey and also picked up the under armor case they had just to have something for now. Doesn’t look too bad, other ones were so flimsy.

17. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Congrats! I was barely reading the thread hoping you’d score one. :)

18. blindside217 macrumors regular

Did they happen to say how many they received? Our local store says they only have 15 and were expecting the line to be that long by last night. My brother’s order from Apple got slipped and he is looking for one locally.

19. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

congrats man. told you ATT store!

20. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

Where can you find the stock numbers of each store?