Best Place to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JSK1121, Nov 21, 2007.

1. JSK1121 macrumors member

Here's my situation: I am getting a Macbook or MBP for sure this week. I'm done with PCs outside of work and feel like I shouldn't have to suffer through Windows in the comfort of my own home. Additionally, my mother and sister might need a computer each as well (laptop or desktop, I'm not sure). So, I was wondering if it were possible to get some $$$ knocked off the total if I order over the phone. I remember reading somewhere on these forums that the phone reps. have a little more leeway in terms of pricing than do Apple Store employees.

Regardless, I just want all of your feedback as to where you think I should go to buy my first Mac (and possibly for my mother and sister too)

Thanks!

2. Kendall015 macrumors regular

Amazon.com usually has good deals and you don't have to pay sales tax which can save you a lot of money. I don't know much beyond that, though.

3. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

give the folks at the Apple On-line store a call (1-800-MY-APPLE). they might be able to swing some sort of deal for you for ordering 2 or 3 at a time; but I don't know for sure.. never had to do a bulk purchase like that with them.