Best place to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk8rgurl, Jan 31, 2010.

1. sk8rgurl macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy an iPhone as a gift ( along with an engraved pool cue, how random :p ). The lucky person getting the iPhone is a T-mobile user. Where is the best place to purchase a 3g 8gig iPhone. After learning to jailbreak I wanna get one for my brother's 21st birthday. Thanks in advance!

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

buy a factory unlocked one on ebay, you can update to new firmware versions without any problems. dont jailbreak it otherwise u wont be able to update without restoring...and you will lose the factory unlock. :p he should switch to at&t....cuz that phones gonna cost you around $900....and there is no warranty available for factory unlocked iphones in america. so if he wants it fixed, he has to go to the country where it was unlocked.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is not true. A factory unlocked phone can be upgraded or restored to any compatible firmware version and jailbroken and unjailbroken at will with absolutely no impact on its unlock status. A factory unlock is permanent.

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Where in the world do you get your information? It's so incorrect on so many levels.

5. sk8rgurl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yah, lol. I have bought 3 iphones and never EVER paid close to $900. That's a retarded post, and I'm the one that started the thread, lol.