Best place to find a 6 Plus during restock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ravenous0001, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Ravenous0001 macrumors newbie

My pre-order of the 6 Plus isn't scheduled to come in until 10/10 with Verizon. What is the best strategy for getting one from an Apple store or VZW store? I assume they'll be getting regular shipments to stock their stores from Apple.

2. Ravenous0001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why even post this? Anyone have any real advice such as when they will get shipments, how many, or if you can call in a reservation to VZW or Apple stores. Will the stores even get restock supplies after the initial loads? It sort of gives all the backlogged pre-order people the middle finger by shipping to stores instead.

3. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

Really, I think being there at opening time is your best bet. Anything else is going to be s crap shoot, unless you have a friend working in an AT&T store with insider info. I'd say restocking is going to be pretty unpredictable, and the employees are as clueless as the rest of us.

The AT&T app used to let you see which models were in stock in real time, but I can't seem to get that to work now.

Store availability in AT&T stores should be ZERO, until preorders get filled. That's about the only way they could redeem themselves now, but they won't do that. Yes, a huge middle finger indeed. I'm going to the AT&T store tomorrow. Any info I find out, I will post.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I don't know about Verizon but it is a valid answer for Apple. They don't give stock counts over the phone or take reservations over the phone.

And yes the stores will get restock. None of them have enough space to receive a years supply of anything in their back rooms. As for the back log on the site, Apple has a system to cover that which is accounted for in those estimated shipping dates. Can't say the same about the carriers cause I have no information about them. But presumably they also have systems to make sure they cover all bases.

5. erzhik macrumors 6502

Best chance is getting there before they open. No store ever has a log of how many they will get and when exactly. They usually get their shipments early in the morning I guess, so do it then. Or you can go online tonight around 1AM EST, and see if there are any available for pick up.

6. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Will the stores open at 10 am tomorrow like normal, or earlier due to it being launch weekend? Tried calling my store but no one answers due to the high volume

7. GrecoISU macrumors member

You might check with Radio Shack. They've got my name written down and as soon as they get iPhone 6 Plus in they're going to give me a call. Wonderful customer service, as opposed to Best Buy where I waited and was first in line only to hear they didn't have any iPhones... and they could have told me that the night before when I called.

8. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Here's some real advice for you even though you don't deserve it with that reply.

Apple stores get shipments many times a day. They hold that stock until the next day and sell it in the AM. You can follow a FedEx guy into the Apple store and they won't sell you a damn thing until the minute the store opens the next day.

So, "when they open" is accurate. :rolleyes: