Best place to find a cheap Powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mikes70mustang, Feb 3, 2009.

1. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Ive already googled this subject and i seem to always end up with ridiculous sites trying to sell G4s for like 900 or 1000 bucks. Im looking for a PB G4 for my mom, i just need one that works and is super cheap. She has a sad lil dell that has win98 still and its borderline useless. All she needs it for is internet, typing, and various low key things. My friend has a G4 and it still works great, and i thought it would be nice not having to fix her dell when she gets yet another virus.

2. thegivenone macrumors newbie

How much?

What would be a reasonable price in your opinion? I have a Rev. A aluminum PowerBook G4 (1.25GHZ, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD) that still works like a charm. I just ordered my 17" Unibody and might be interested in selling my old machine.

3. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Im looking for less than say $400 im pretty short on cash as well as my mom, my friend got his from a pawn shop for like $250, id be happy with one with hail damage as long as it works

4. omgshesaboy macrumors member

omgshesaboy

i picked up a 1.67ghz 1gb 100gb superdrive 15" with os x 10.5 for 400 on ebay fantastic shape

5. animaxcg macrumors regular

i'll sell you mine for 400 its in my sig. there is a slit bulged in the front. has new battery (3-4 hours).
    PM for any questians

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Found a used computer place that was selling off lease g4 ibooks for $245, including airport express and case for my 70+ year old Dad. Having to deal with Dad's occasional Mac questions far outweighs the twice yearly day long ordeal of having to reinstall windows on my old destop. :D

7. cheapascheap macrumors newbie

I don't know about you guys but I find all my cheap stuff from this blog at http://infoboxunlimited.com/Cheap

There might be a cheap powerbook there, just trying to help.:apple:

8. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

thanks, i know this is probably a challenging thread, since apple and cheap dont go together. and those that have an old mac think they have gold, so therefore not many good deals.