Best place to find iPhone 5 in stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boilermaker_coday, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Boilermaker_coday macrumors member

So I have been calling around to all the AT&T stores to try and find one that has the iphone 5 in stock. No luck so far, and I'm just wondering if finding a store that has them in stock is just wishful thinking? How long do you guys think it will be until you can find these bad boys in stores?

I know I should of pre-ordered but I was perfectly fine waiting the extra few weeks, but now the tables have turned and I am getting desperate. Have had an iPhone 4 since they came out but it's barely usable now (cracked/spiderwebbed screen with quite a few pieces of glass falling out and exposing inside of phone, unresponsive home button, never gets a signal anymore, becoming very very slow). It has only become nearly unusable in the last week or so, but is becoming a real PITA

2. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Try calling all of these places:

Apple Store
    AT&T Store
    Best Buy
    Walmart
    Target
    Radioshack
    Sams club

I'm sure there are some other places that carry them as well but if you have a Sam's club around you definitely check it out. Mine has tons of them in stock since not a lot of people think to look there. Hopefully you have a membership though too. Or if you have a local apple store why don't just reserve one tonight and pick it up tomorrow?

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Reserve one after 10PM for pickup at an Apple Store the next day.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this is by far the best way to go.

5. B's iPhone macrumors member

B's iPhone

I grabbed one at RadioShack Sunday morning. Had been in a couple att stores, best buys, a target and an apple store and they were all sold out.

6. bisnicks macrumors regular

Have the person working the mobile kiosk at all of your local Targets write your name, number, and desired model down. I did that and they called me the next day saying they could order my desired model then and there. I went for it and they are overnight shipping it to me so I'll have it tomorrow! :D

7. Boilermaker_coday thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help guys. The local Radioshack has one left. I went in to buy it this morning but couldn't work out the upgrade because I'm not one of the "authorized" users on my family plan. But the guy working said he would hold it till I can come back later today with my dad so all is good.

8. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Found mine at a RadioShack. Call around, they are willing to hold the phone if they have one. I called 30 in Michigan prior to finding mine. It was a little bit of a drive but at least I knew it was waiting for me. The experience once I arrived is another story, as the apple store blows radioshacks service out of the water. Thanks but offering me a case or making me feel guilty for not buying one is not how to make a sale.

9. Jay724 macrumors member

Go to the Best Buy website and track down which one you want and it'll show if it's in stock your area. I got 2 16GBs last night.