Best place to get a reasonably priced iPhone 6 plus screen?

Shredder96

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2012
I currently have a gold iPhone 6 Plus, and have been wanting to swap out the screen in order to have a gold/black phone. Just wondering what the best price on a certified replacement is?

TIA

Last edited:

Chatter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Uphill from Downtown
I know this is *not* what you are asking for but I would caution you on doing -outside of Apple- screen replacements. I just have seen a few of these go bad/have persistent touch issues and then the warranty is voided.

Good luck and ignore my comment if you are an expert in this.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Try e-bay to be honest, people sell all parts for iphones, and price will vary by quality.

Shredder96

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2012
I know this is *not* what you are asking for but I would caution you on doing -outside of Apple- screen replacements. I just have seen a few of these go bad/have persistent touch issues and then the warranty is voided.

Good luck and ignore my comment if you are an expert in this.
Nah not an expert, and I was intending more for real apple replacements anyway, I see that wasn't quite clear in the OP haha

IndoX

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Apple does not sell parts (other than removable batteries from older Macs) and will not customize your phone with another color display.

x3n0n1c

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2014
You will have to stick with your white/gold home button though. The touch id sensor is paired with your phone, you can't simply swap with another one.

I think a gold phone with a black face, and a white home button would look awful.

Shredder96

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2012
You will have to stick with your white/gold home button though. The touch id sensor is paired with your phone, you can't simply swap with another one.

I think a gold phone with a black face, and a white home button would look awful.

True

Quijano187

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
Why don't you look for an Overlay for your phone to get the scheme that you want? Worth a shot no ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.