Best place to get an iPhone battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greg M, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Greg M macrumors 6502

Tired of trying to search for this.

Where's the best place to get a replacement battery for the 4S?
    I can replace it myself but I want to know who sells them that can be trusted. I will also need the tools and replacement screws.

Also my speaker isn't working anymore. I'm hoping that it's just a loose connection. I'm thinking that's what it is because if I hit the iphone with my hand it will work for a little bit.

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Amazon.

3. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

eBay.

(Just get an OEM one, and from a seller with good feedback).

Are you sure its the battery and not the dock connector?
    I changed a 4S battery last week and was still the same. Turned out the dock connector was faulty. Replaced that as well (can't believe Apple use dust sized screws), and all is golden.

:D

4. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

I know it seems awful cheap, but I bought and installed this one on May 20th and have had 0 problems, it works great...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007UXNNSG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Amazon or Apple are reputable and in the event of any problems they'll take the battery back
    With a battery buying from a third party is not a good idea even if the price is tempting

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I seen threads here about this very subject. U know how to use SEARCH?

Surprised nobody here mention Craiglst :rolleyes: if cheap is the priority. But from your post am venturing you are looking for something not Apple$$$ but that will last you more than 6 months.

7. Greg M thread starter macrumors 6502

There's always at least one!

Correct.

----------

iFixit is a little on the expense side compared to others. However, I would have bought from them but I want to get the replacement screws for my other 4s iPhones but they want $6 for 2 small phillips head screws!!! If their replacement screws were $1 or $1.50 each then I would have already made the purchase.

Amazon isn't much better then ebay as far as being hit or miss on off brand items. Amazon's battery reviews are all over the place.

8. Sceptre macrumors member

9. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Battery buying is a touchy subject as it has to come from a reputable source to know that its new.
    Apple or Amazon are probably the only 2 reputable sellers.
    However, some have complained about batteries purchased on Amazon in the past.
    Use care and Good Judgment in buying a battery!!!!!!!!!!