best place to get an unlock code

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sossity, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I kmow I have a thread dealing with a locked iphone, but could not find it, it has gotten buried in more recent posts.

Well the seller recently agreed to refund me for an unlock code for my locked iphone 6s, right now it has an att sim and is locked and contracted to att.

I want to unlock it and use it contract free with t-mobile.

I was told that swift lock was a good one, I am looking for a good least expensive one that will unlock this phone.

or is there a way I can do it for free? I tried connecting it in iTunes, but that did not unlock it.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The best way to unlock is through ATT assuming the phone is out of contract. However, you will need to seller to contact ATT on your behalf. You can get an unlock from SWIFT Unlocks but it is not cheap.

https://www.swiftunlocks.com/brands/apple

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Considering the current state of third party unlockers and their relationships to the carriers, is it wise to seek a third party unlock when you can simply ask AT&T to unlock your phone?

I mean, three fired employees who installed malware on AT&T's system so the guy running Swiftunlocks could access the system at any time, a lawsuit for damages based on how many unlocks were illegally granted and the relocking of phones for those who used Swiftunlocks (and other services) is more than enough to keep me far away from these third party unlockers.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/att-su...id-to-unlock-hundreds-of-thousands-of-phones/

4. af21187 macrumors 6502

eBay. You'll have to pony up $30-$40 to unlock a 6s that is still financed through ATT but if you find a seller with a good reputation, you should be fine.

Do not confuse the in-contract unlock with the out of contract unlock services.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, I'm just going to leave this right here.

at-amp-t-unlock-lawsuit.jpg

6. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

which one should I get? an out of contract unlock or in contract unlock?

7. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

dont know if I mentioned already, but the iphone is still on contract with att, I tried to request an unlock code from them, and they refused saying the phone is in contract.

maybe I should just sell this phone off, it does not look like I will be able to unlock it properly.

8. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

took a look at swift locks, but there is nothing for att iphone 6s just the 6, and this phone is still in contract

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Take a closer look by clicking on the link.
    I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them....

10. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am now reading more negative things about 3rd party nlockers, that they mess up the iphone software, and then one cannot do ios updates without the phone getting relocked.

11. mhdena macrumors 6502

I got a 6s Plus last week, I requested an unlock code from AT&T for my 6, I unlocked my 6 this evening.

You can buy another phone or convince them you have another one and they may give you an unlock. Maybe not.

12. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you mean buy a cheap phone from them andthen request to unlock it?