Best place to get just back screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dakota316, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dakota316 macrumors member

I am wondering if anyone knows of the best screen protector to get for the back of the phone that is just the back? I wanted to get the SGP Ultra Optics, but they arent selling the one that comes with both the front and the back, they are only selling the set that comes with 2 fronts. I want to use a Neo Hybrid EX case, so need a back protector too. What do you all reccomend?

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

3. dakota316 thread starter macrumors member

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I recommend Power Support Crystal Protector. There's one for the front and the back. It's so clear, you can't even tell it's there most of the time. And, best thing is it doesn't have that annoying "sticky" feeling most protectors have. Actually, you don't really feel it, you retain the original feel of the phone. The material they use is great. Its the only I would even consider using.

5. dakota316 thread starter macrumors member

Well I have the SGP Ultra Crystal on both the front and the back right now, but I am really getting tired of the fingerprints, and want to move to an anti-fingerprint protector. Only one I can see that comes with both a front and a back is the Ultra Fine from SGP. In the picture it shows the Optics available for both front and back, but you cant choose that as an option.

----------

NWI73 looks like I cant send a PM right now. Only been a member for a few days and only have minimal posts which looks to be the problem.

6. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I have an ultra thin case mate and very happy because it still fits in belt case.

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't have any experience with SGP, so I don't know the actual tactile feel of phone. As far as the prevention of finger prints, it's kind of hard in a crystal protector but Power Support prevents it as much as it can. However, they have an anti-glare protector that definitely doesn't show fingerprints on the screen. But it's only on the screen, not the back. Downside, the anti glare, while great to reduce the glare cause my the glass/mirror causes a slight change in the clarity of the screen. Touch sensitivity remains unchanged.

8. dakota316 thread starter macrumors member

What about the SGP Ultra Fine? Anyone tried it? Just curious if it is as good or better than the Power Support HD Anti-Glare?

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Can't help you there. I know nothing about SGP's product. Also, their store website doesn't sell (I think) any screen/back protector film. Are you talking about a case or a protector film?

10. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Ive had both SGP and PS, crystal and anti-glare. Power support is THE best for anti-gare imo. As far as the crystal display I find both are equal. You can't go wrong with either as far as crystal display is concerned.

11. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

The PowerSupport AntiGlare is better than the Ultra Matte SGP (now discontinued iirc) but the Ultra Fine by SGP imo is better than the PowerSupport AntiGlare. I've used all three and can happily say that the Ultra Matte by SGP gets my vote :)

12. charlesdayton, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

sgp does sell front back sets:

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...een-protector-steinheil-ultra-series-new.html

They also sell full body sets.

I have been looking for comparisons of the PS Anti-Glare vs SGP UF. But have not found much.

Many peple recomend PS AG. But they only make front AG protectors but not back ones, I don't get why.