Best place to get refurbished/older gen. iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wm6405, Sep 12, 2010.

1. wm6405 macrumors member

Hey guys, I was just wondering where the best place to get refurbished/older generation iPods for considerably cheaper than what Apple has on their website...I just want an iPod that I can keep in my car for my stereo, so I don't need the newest fancy ones. I'd take like a 2nd generation touch or the nano w/ or without the camera, I just need it to be at least 16GB to hold my music...I would get it off Apple.com, but they don't have the older ones and I think the ones they do have are still priced a little too high considering they are pretty close in price to the brand new iPods...So if anyones has suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. azure247 macrumors 6502

Being a seller on ebay, I have always sold my older ipods if I felt I wanted a newer model. I rarely used them and kept them scratch-free using invis shields. Anyways my point is I think its better to buy a "like-new" on ebay rather than a refurb. You get a better deal and u dont have to settle for something that was broken and then fixed.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I recommend buying from apple website. Apple has old iPod nano refurbished at 99 dollars. It comes with 1 year warranty as well just like new ones.

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

No better place that the refurb section of the apple online store. Tested to perform like a new one, units get a new case and new battery. With eBay you're taking a gamble, with apple refurb section you aren't.

5. TruthBeTold macrumors newbie

Agreed. You can go with eBay and try to find a cheaper deal on an iPod, but sometimes you just don't know what you're getting. I would stick with apple. You know you're getting a good product.

6. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Retail

Wal-Mart still sells the old iPod touch models online. I am not sure where you could find a 16 GB model but retail stores may still carry that model even though it is old.