My bro's 12" 867 Mhz PB is in need of a new disc drive and it could use a slight memory upgrade. Any Advice on what site to go to for this and which has the best deals. I think he should get: $180 1 GB RAM (i still don't think you can put a GB ram in this thing but OWC site said you could) $200 100 GB 5400 RPM Hard-drive $170 Dual layer dvd burner $140 battery $450 Dell 20" Widescreen LCD monitor but he is only 19 and makes like $8 an hour and needs to pay rent, so realistically: $70 512 MB RAM $170 Dual Layer dvd burner Would I get any discount if I let the place keep the 40 GB hard-drive and go for a 100 GB? Maybe like $30 off? Any advice on monitors for real cheap would be good too. I hate to see him trying to edit in garageband on that 12" screen. His apartment isn't big, so it has to be an lcd. Sometimes I almost want to spend my own money on the PB because it has been without a working disc drive for over 1.5 years!!! It all started when about a month after we got 2 of them, some ditz spilled mountain dew on the keyboard at his party. He was dumb enough to leave it out, kinda his fault. So it cost us $1000 to get it fixed and about a month after it was fixed the disc drive stopped working, it would sometimes be detected and other times wouldn't. I had at least 3 discs get stuck in there thanks to my bros friends forgetting it was broken (not at the same time). I had to use the terminal to eject it and I had to enter the same command 30 times literally before it would finally eject it. I thought it could be a loose connection, but I would like to see him have a dvd burner in it anyways. It makes me sick to think my dad was dumb enough to pay for it to get repaired when I told him he might as well buy a new one and sell this one for parts. Now we could have bought a new one for the cost of how much trouble it has given us. And here I am working on a imac rev a g4 800 Mhz editing in fcp 3 with 256 MB of ram!!! I know I'm crazy, I have been doing it for over 3 years on it. Rendering will often take 3 days for a 10 minute video with lots of effects and keyframing. I know I could afford a mini now but I would rather stick with my old imac until either I can get a 2 Ghz G5 powermac or just wait until mactel has a good powermac (yeah right, maybe in 3 years). Anyways, thanks for any advice, and I will reply within a few hours, I promise.