Best Place to Order From?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bowlerguy10, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Well, now that I actually have the money to buy myself an iPhone 4, I'm realizing I really don't know where to order it. No one within 50 miles of me has one in stock or knows when new stock will be in, I'm on the Radioshack "list" which he stated is "very hefty" so here begs the question, where do I order from? The ATT Premier store? The Apple Store? Somewhere else? Where will I be able to get it the fastest do you think?

Thanks!

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Apple. They know their stuff better than AT&T and Radio Shack.

3. drfullet87 macrumors newbie

no they dont

dont bother with Apple...take it from someone who preorded on June 15th at 6:40 AM and literally just had Apple cancel my order because they can't activate my phone with ATT....

p.s. i have no ATT account issues re eligibility or account status.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

When feasible I always order Apple products from Apple. All other times Amazon. Since Amazon doesn't sell the iPhone, go Apple.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you go to a AT&T store, make sure it is a "Corporate AT&T" store and not an Authorized retailer, Dealers and retailers don't get order status update, or tracking number, so you can get one tomorrow or you can get one next year. as the quote before...take it froms someone who pre-ordered (and fully paid for it) at the AT&T store on 6/15 and haven't still gotten anything...no info on when it will come or nothing.

I am going in vacation tomorrow, so when the phone comes i will drop to the end of the list and get my phone who knows when!...maybe just in time for the iPhone 4.1 or iPhone 5

6. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Don't listen to this. Apple is the way to go when ordering major products. As long as you're eligible and there are no other hurdles stopping you from signing up with AT&T, Apple is great.

People seem to have forgotten June 15th and how AT&T sold out, then told people their phone was not guaranteed by launch day. Always have and always will order from Apple.

7. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

The Title of this thread should not be "Best place to order from" instead it should be "Best time to order iPhone 4" --- the best time to order will be mid-July when there is plenty of stock available and you can get a white iPhone 4 then when they come out!

8. inthecup macrumors regular

Same thing happen to me, 2 days before the 24th I called Apple CS to ask why my iPhone hasn't shipped, they told me not to worry it would be delivered on the 24th. 5:10PM on the 24th they cancelled my order blaming it on ATT. My cash is still in my pocket.

9. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright thanks guys, I ordered from Apple a couple of hours ago. Hopefully I get my phone sometime this calendar year.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What's there to know? I rely on AT&T to make sure I'm connected to AT&T, which is all anyone does when you get the phone (i.e., activation).