Best Place to Preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RParmly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. RParmly macrumors newbie

I'm looking to purchase the iPhone 4S as my first iPhone and need some help on where to preorder from. If you preorder online does it deliver or ship on the release day? Is purchasing in a store the only way to get it on October 14th?

Thanks!

2. xdbuix macrumors 6502

i read that if you preorder, there's a possibility that you get the iphone actaully earlier than the release date. Preorder is a good way to get it before or on Oct 14th based on what i've been reading.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I know someone who pre-ordered his iPhone 4 last year and got it delivered 9AM of the launch date. Some reported that they received it a day before the release date.

4. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

Typically, Apple times it so that you get it on release day. With the 3GS, they shipped it out of China a week before release and then it sat in Alaska for 3 days before it moved on, just so it wouldn't show up early.

5. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

What is the best method?

When pre-ordering will we be using the Apple Store app or better to go via website?

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Pre order from apple's website on a computer.

7. madridista59 macrumors regular

those that pre-ordered the 4 last summer, were you able to ship it to an address (such as place of work) that didn't match the billing address of the credit card on file?

8. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I did a "test run" last night buying the 3gs and it would only ship to my billing address FROM ATT. The "edit shipping address" was grayed out for me.. This is ordering from APPLE.

9. borekk macrumors newbie

This might be a silly question but I'll ask it here anyway. Are you able to buy 2 phones at a time when going through the Apple pre-order website? I need to order a new 4S for both myself and my wife, but I'm not sure if it'll let me order 2 of them or if I have to go through the entire process twice.

10. madridista59 macrumors regular

Thanks for the insight man. I guess I'll just have to do with waiting out the work day to come home to my new phone :)

11. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

If you have a company discount on your service, can you order the phone from Apple? Or will it cancel your discount? Thought you could only order from ATT.

Also, Apple is selling at 12:01 am Fri, is the same true for ATT? These presales have always turned into a cluster ^&$#.