Best Place to Purchase iMac

GunsUp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Do you look for a cheaper place?

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:

I do apologize, I haven't spent much time on the forums, and totally forgot about the search button. My apologies. How may I delete thread.

I tried froogle.com but was just wondering if anyone has any favorites!

-Thank you!

Comment
Nov 28, 2010
located
I do apologize, I haven't spent much time on the forums, and totally forgot about the search button. My apologies. How may I delete thread.

I tried froogle.com but was just wondering if anyone has any favorites!

-Thank you!
No worries, you can ask the question, it isn't coming up as often as battery or malware related questions.
Does the Pricing Guide I linked to help?

Comment

EmbraceTheOne

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2011
I'd say Bestbuy, Assuming your in yr United States.
I bought my MacBook Pro there in June. No problems, And their warranties are great!

Comment

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
I bought my MacBook Pro there in June. No problems, And their warranties are great!
The iMacs at Best Buy have been consistently about $100 lower than the retail price.

I don't think you're going to find a much lower price at a physical store.

If you go to Best Buy, don't let them sell you a Monster HDMI cable. Just say no!

Comment

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I wouldn't say their warranties are great.

( Accidental coverage warranty not covering an accident, their definition of accident can change )

but I have purchased a few Macs there last year mainly due to the slight discount and being a reward zone silver member. Enough that I can grab an iPad 3 for free this year. cheers.

Comment

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Macman45 said:
I always buy direct from Apple. I get first class service and discount along with peace of mind. Very few retail outlets discount Apple products here in the UK anyway.
Probably because £1000 (base model 21.5" imac price) converted into dollars is well more than $1200 (American base model 21.5" imac price)

So I don't see why we brits can't get as many discounts as America do

(no offense to any Americans reading this post by the way)

Comment

GunsUp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
second that
I am just having a hard time finding one that I want.

I was on MacMall.com and they hav e the 27" i7 1TB+ 256 SSD 2GIG 6970 in stock, but seem to have a hard time finding them other than customizing one on apple.com

----------

Yes I am in the United States, sorry I didn't specify that before.

Comment

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would also wait until the next generation of iMacs come along before buying one right now. The next generation of iMac are just round the corner if my guessing is right. And when I mean by 'round the corner' I mean as in within the next couple of months, just a heads up

Comment

GunsUp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri

I would also wait until the next generation of iMacs come along before buying one right now. The next generation of iMac are just round the corner if my guessing is right. And when I mean by 'round the corner' I mean as in within the next couple of months, just a heads up
Ok!

I just got the Federal Pell Grant for school. it gives me about 2900.00 in pocket, so I should expect to just wait for the next models. Thank you MacMasterSam! Its very much appreciated

Comment

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I am just having a hard time finding one that I want.

I was on MacMall.com and they hav e the 27" i7 1TB+ 256 SSD 2GIG 6970 in stock, but seem to have a hard time finding them other than customizing one on apple.com
True - Amazon doesn't have customized iMac's

Comment

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
In the past, I've bought direct from Apple with no problems. However, for the last few years I've bought from my local Apple approved service provider. They offer exactly the same services, prices and discounts as Apple and, in my opinion, having the advantage of being "local" it is easy to get "face to face" service (if needed!) and advice. The same obviously applies to the local Apple store or Apple approved reseller.

Comment

ItaniumShock

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
Amazon is a good place if you are in certain states cause its Tax free. But not user upgrade unless its ram lol

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.