best place to register domains ?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by DNA2907, Jul 21, 2009.

1. DNA2907 macrumors newbie

DNA2907

Hi there,

i've got to register a couple of domains for the company I work for - any suggestions as to the most reliable register, with best domain forwarding etc ???

thanks

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

See the stickies in this forum. A number of ideas there.

3. offshoredevelop macrumors newbie

My Suggestions for domain register

Hi,

If you want to go with standard services for domain and after sales services you can go with godaddy, 1and1, bluehost, networksolutions and there are others too in domain sales market but as per my work I can suggest these ones

Thanks
    Mayur Shah

4. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Avoid Go Daddy!

Go Daddy has a terrible reputation, when you register the domain with them they actually own it. If you want to change suppliers they have you over a barrel and charge you a FORTUNE.
    I've also heard 1&1 are not tremendous, but far far better than go daddy. I asked this similar question last week if you wanna search in further detail exactly what was said :).

5. DNA2907 thread starter macrumors newbie

DNA2907

Many thanks for the suggestions - will check them out !

6. GoDaddyGuy macrumors newbie

GoDaddyGuy

Dal123,

The legal registrant of the domain name is defined in the whois. Not sure what you mean by "If you want to change suppliers they have you over a barrel and charge you a FORTUNE", because Go Daddy doesn't charge you anything to transfer away. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,