Best place to replace 5S screen near Philly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by V4705, Jun 4, 2014.

1. V4705 macrumors 6502

Hi, I broke my screen and I'm looking for a place that can also replace the screen for me (some place cheaper than Apple Store).

These guys are near me http://www.ubreakifix.com/ but I don't know how to check if it's a good quality screen and touch before I pay them.

Any suggestions what to ask them or check before?

BTW, iFixIt isn't an options because I'd like to fix it today.

Thanks!

2. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502a

AaronM5670

Honestly I wouldn't trust anyone but the Apple Store - others might say differently but having seen some local phone repair shops, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. It may cost more than by unofficial means but their customer service is usually excellent.

3. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks,
    What can be wrong with 3rd party screens? why you don't recommend them compare to the genuine screens from Apple?

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

just take it to apple, and pay the $269 replacement fee. its worth paying extra.
    3rd party screens are not as good of quality, and they also void your apple warranty. just go to apple.

5. BeeJee macrumors 6502

My house. I'll fix that ish right up lmao. On a serious note, do not waste 270 for just a broken screen, no offense to anyone but that's terrible advice. The 5s screen isn't difficult to replace and I've never had a problem with any replacement screens I've used in the 30 or so phones I've repaired. I do it on the side so I haven't done a ton, but I'm sure someone else on here can back this up. I mean c'mon people 270 is ridiculous.