Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I'm curious about the best place to sell a 2g (this is not a sell ad so don't email me about it).

I'm thinking ebay probably has the best selling prices (seem to be going for $285-$300).

If this is the case how do you sell it, remove the SIM, and then let them get their own SIM Card?

Also I'm guessing there are a lot of Ebay scammers after the Iphone, are most of these outside of the US?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eric

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
or craigslist. try craigslist first.

remove your sim card. they have there own.
and remove all information from the iPhone. this option can be found in the settings.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
I might consider CraigsList. You won't have to loose money to Ebay itself and you might have more success not having to ship the iPhone. Also they go for around $600 in my area unlocked. Which is a good idea! Good luck.

^^ Nickspohn beat me to it... ;)

Volka

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2009
Sheffield, UK
There have been a lot of iPhone / iPod Touch disputes on Ebay, and the site is taking extra precautions to prevent this. When I sold my iPod Touch on there recently I was informed that the transaction had to be Paypal-only (which I hate - extra fees!) and the money isn't released until positive feedback has been left by both parties.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
I recently sold an 8GB 2G on eBay for $290. By the time I paid for selling fees to eBay, PayPal, and shipping (which I offered free and drove the sale as a result), I netted $245. I know there have been higher and lower prices, but this went as a fixed price sale in about an hour.

Offering free shipping has been a major attractor for my listings since I began doing so.

Do remove the SIM before selling, and erase all data through settings.

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I might consider CraigsList. You won't have to loose money to Ebay itself and you might have more success not having to ship the iPhone. Also they go for around $600 in my area unlocked. Which is a good idea! Good luck.

^^ Nickspohn beat me to it... ;)

Man, maybe I should buy off of my Craigslist and ship them to you to sell ;)

They are selling for $250-$275 on Craigslist here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.