Best place to sell a macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iemcj, Feb 15, 2016.

1. iemcj macrumors 6502

iemcj

I have a macbook pro to sell, where's the best place to do it? I've only sold low ticket items on ebay in the past, and a lot of the "trade in" sites offer just piddly money. This was a 2300 laptop and is in near perfect shape, where's the best place to sell? Thanks!!

Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.8 15" Mid-2015 (IG) 16gb ram 256gb SSD

2. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

Mentioning your location (country) might help....

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

4. iemcj thread starter macrumors 6502

iemcj

Figured America was the default. But if it helps, "I'm in America guys!" :D
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2016 ---
    You've sold 2 thousand dollar computers on craigslist? Dang. I've only used it to sell like baby clothes lol

5. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

Well surprise surprise, there are more than 180 other countries in the world, out of which 55 are in 'America', but judging by your comment I guess you want to say you are in the United States...

To your question:
    Other than above mentioned craigslist, I would go with local bulletin boards specific to your area (for example at universities etc) For an item with that kind of price tag, I would personally go for a face to face sale (meeting in a public 'safe' place). Ebay is risky due to the very buyer-friendly paypal which many tricksters abuse.

6. iemcj thread starter macrumors 6502

iemcj

haha! Well played sir. How's this... "Wisconsin, United states." Boom. ;)

And hmm, I didn't think about local groups. I know there's facebook "buy and sell" boards, I could post in there. And heck yeah meet in person at a public place, to me that's a no brainer but some might not think that way. Thanks again.

7. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yes, but they don't really matter now do they?

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

How about the marketplace section on this forum or on imore.com? That's where I've sold all my old devices as opposed to craigslist.

9. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Sold my first MBP on there. I've sold several smartphones on there. I've listed a car but didn't get any buyers and ended up trading it in.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the best bang for your buck and least amount of hassles, is Craigslist.

11. fisherman188 macrumors member

So much WIN!

12. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

MarvinHC is just using politically correct BS. Name one person from Canada, Brazil, Ecuador, chile, etc that says they are from or live in "America". "America" is actually in our country's name, remember.

13. guychicago macrumors 6502

guychicago

Always used CL. I'm selling my Mid 2014 rMBP with 256gb ssd. If anyone in the Chicagoland area is interested, PM me.

14. Ovedius, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016

Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

Since Americans are perceived as unable to take the piss out of themselves, your comment could either be funny or just sad.

I'm going to go with "funny" :D

We simply cannot have world peace until sarcasm can easily be detected on internet forums.