Best place to sell iTunes giftcards?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by funnyatleast, Jun 20, 2013.

1. funnyatleast macrumors member

I saw a thread on where to BUY itunes gift cards, but where is a good place to sell them.

I don't like to deal with ebay at all. I even tried to sell my 100 dollar gift card on craigslist for 85-90 and no takers. Any advice, I have no use for it at all.

2. Augustine864 macrumors regular

You are welcome to gift it to me out of the kindness of your heart. Otherwise you could try www.cardcash.com. I've never used it before but they will give you like $65 Amazon credit or something. You can input the info and get a free quote.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Given that stores (ex Best Buy) have specials a few times per year (especially around Christmas) for 20% off... That sets the "effective retail" price ceiling at $80... before you even factor in the risk of buying it from a 3rd party.

Personally, I would just stick it in my iTunes account knowing that I would eventually use it.

/Jim

4. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Have you checked on here in the Marketplace?

I sold my $25 or $30 one for a few dollars less than face value. I don't purchase stuff on iTunes often so figured I'd give it away.

Now may be a good time to sell, some may be interested to save some money on Marvericks an iWork.

5. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

Cardcash.com is paying around 91% of the value if they send you a check. If you take an Amazon credit it is around 94%. My check is in the mail so if it doesn't turn out all right I will post a follow up.

"So far so good" said the guy passing the 25th floor of the building on the way down. :)

6. alphaswift macrumors member

Ask the IRS what they do with all the cards they get from people paying off their taxes owing.